University Advancement and the FIU Foundation, Inc. are tooling up to better position FIU for the future. After a period of analysis and benchmarking, changes have been implemented to ensure that FIU’s fundraising structure supports frontline fundraisers as they seek to increase and accelerate principal and major gift fundraising, and improve constituent relations and communications.
- George Corton has been promoted to Sr. Associate Vice President for Development
- Laura Padron has been promoted to Associate Vice President for Constituent Development
- Linda Curiel-Menage has been promoted to Assistant Vice President for Campaign Planning and Communications
- Karla Hernandez is now the Executive Director of Corporate Relations
- Yolande Flores is now the Executive Director of Finance, IT and Data Analytics, and
- Milagros Garcia Chica has been appointed Interim Assistant Vice President, Foundation & DSO.
The new structure puts FIU University Advancement and the FIU Foundation, Inc. on the path to building a best-in-class advancement program that is worthy of the FIU students, faculty, and staff served.